Garrett Infinium LS Metal Detector Review
The Infinium Ls model have waterproof coils. Features: All Metal Deepseeking Mode Audio Threshold, Adjustable Audio Tone ID Discrimination, Full Range (PI) Frequency, Adjustable Ground Balance, Automatic Ground Tracking Hip Mount Control Box Microprocessor Controlled Salt Elimination Mode (PI) Surface Mount PC Board Technology
- Circuit type: Advanced Pulse Induction technology for automatic
cancellation of salt/ground mineralization
- Audio Threshold, Adjustable: adjust to user's preference
- User-adjustable Discrimination with Quick Iron Check
- User-adjustable Frequency: adjust to reduce interference
- Automatic Ground Track with 3 settings:
- Slow—Use over slowly changing ground mineralization.
- Lock—Locks ground track setting; use for most ground conditions
and offers maximum depth.
- Fast—Use over extreme or quickly changing ground mineralization.
- Volume control: on land headphones (included)
- Salt Elimination Aid: eliminate interference of salt mineralization at beach
- Hip Mount Battery Pack: reduces detector weight for long searches
- Battery Life: Alkaline (included), 10-15 hours. Battery recharger for AC and
automobile included. Rechargeable (included), 7-10 hours.
- Search Modes:
Motion All Metal with adjustable PI discrimination
Great for depth on old treasure and relics. Used in and out of the water. Lots of Spanish coins found with this machine. I like the Feature , Good Discrimination , Detector is Stable ,Goes to 10 to 12 inches deep. Excellent Detector ! By Bob Spratley USA
Yes...it works underwater, it floats, I can pull up items 7-10 inches or so below the top of sand. The deepest item so far has been in sand underwater and the iron discriminator works. You do need a big sand scoop underwater. The 6 inch wire basket travel scoop I got is OK but it's slow. I got a big hexagon shovel rig recently...it's heavy but it might work better. It is very sensitive to "skywave" interference. You might have to work where or when there isn't so much electrical usage. Check radios for static and maybe avoid wi-fi"5 bar" areas. By Stephen M Johnson USA