Minelab Safari Metal Detector Review
- FBS multiple frequency technology.
- Ultra-lightweight 11" Double-D waterproof coil combines high performance, great depth and sharp pinpointing.
- Four pre-programmed detection modes - Coin; Coin/Jewellery; Relic and All Metal. Each individual mode contains the optimum settings for identifying the characteristics of your preferred targets, allowing you to maximise your time in the field.
- Pinpoint with audio and visual indicators for more accurate detection – press the pinpoint button and watch the Safari zone-in on the precise location of that precious target.
- Trash Density - High ensures fewer false signals experienced in typical coin and relic environments so you don’t waste time digging for junk, while low is ideal for clean sites to make sure you don’t miss anything.
- Target Volume Adjust - adapts target signal volume to suit user preference.
- Noise Cancel - automatically selects the quietest, most stable channel for detecting.
- Intuitive menu interface for fast and easy access and adjustment.
- Robust, well balanced design and long lower shaft for comfortable detecting over longer periods
The Safari is one step down from the ETrac but it is equipped with exactly the same hardware inside. The only difference is that the readout on the Etrac gives all information visually, whereas Safari gives a portion of the information by audio so one must both look at the readout and listen to the tone to get the same info that the Etrac gives as readout on its screen. Safari has given me some of my best finds. Now that I have Etrac, I frankly find them on par in performance, with Safari the best value. Four and a half stars - the half deduction being because I don't see a reason Minelab didn't just add the visual function to this machine also. I don't see why it would have cost more. By Katherine Ball USA
Really, don't waste your money on another detector. Get this one and be done with it. It is super accurate. I had a fisher and went over my yard 100 times. I got the minelab and found another treasure trove of items the fisher never saw. My property goes back to the 1800s. The batteries are rechargeable. Just plug them in about once a week. The fisher ate batteries up daily. Two nine volts a day got very expensive. I would never buy anything besides minelab. Sure it's expensive but like I said. Don't waste your money on any other brand. You will end up buying a minelab eventually. By Tony USA